Why do some people think that a Muslim should never hold public office in America?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Omar’s district is the largest terrorist recruitment area in the U.S. according to the FBI.   Omar has advocated we go easy on a convicted terrorist.   I of course fully support her.    

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's a very good question. Those are the people who believe freedom of religion only means freedom for THEIR religion and most people instead think it's important that freedom of religion and the US Constitution clearly supporting it means freedom of all religions or to not practice any.

I do find many tenets of Islam distasteful, but I also find some of the tenets of Judaism and Christianity to be as bad. Taken literally, killing of Walmart workers on Sunday or killing disobedient children or Christians touting hate of homosexuals and Christians who with hypocrisy of their own tenets block out needs of the poor and those running from tyranny asking for help are not good people either.

Meanwhile, many Muslims of the USA stood in vigil after the Orlando shootings and express their outrage at violence and hate no matter what its source. A good friend and colleague died of natural causes and later I found out he was a leader in his Islamic faith, but it never affected our personal or business relationship. Being a Muslim does not make a politician a bad person, and most understand that.

Just because within a religion are some wrong or distasteful things, that does not mean all of the people who practice that religion act or believe in those bad tenets. Otherwise, no Christian or Jew should ever hold public office either.

• 1 month ago

Far Right garbage.

I liked that guy Amar Kamp in a jar. 😄 But he was stupid in thinking he could enter U.S. politics when he's the grandson of a late terrorist. 🤦‍♀️

That's something I would expect from a Trumper Far Right. Not a Left winger.

• 1 month ago

One example of how the liberal "logic" works.

Muslims commit terrorist attacks, kill gays and abuse the hell out of women of all ages: *silence*

A conservative person says that a Muslim shouldn't hold public office in the US: "racist Islamophobic Naaaazi"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

not sure but im not one of them

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because of sharia law and radical islam.

Plus their religeon allows pedophilia, torturing animals, stoning  women to death, marrying 8 year olds, and killing gays. I guess killing gays is the only good part.

Non muslims are called Infidels.

• 1 month ago

Perhaps they are following in the lead of numerous Muslim majority nations where Christians are excluded from anything mainstream. 

• 1 month ago

Because they are not patriotic Americans and are more consumed by their own bigotry than they are loyal to our Constitution that prohibits exclusion to public office on the grounds of religion. Its ironic that these people fancy themselves more patriotic due to their betrayal of the deepest principles of our nation.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Their religion forbids them to be loyal to any laws that are not Islamic laws. Therefore they can not uphold the constitution since it is not from Islam. Their goal is to change 

western laws to Sharia law and TAKE OVER. 

This has continually occurred for the last 1400 years. 

All Muslim countries were non-Muslim before the Muslims overran them

Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Turkey etc. were Christian countries

Afghanistan was Buddist

Pakistan and Bangladesh were Hindu

Iran was Zoroastrian etc.etc.etc.

The main thrust of Islam is EXPANSION and DOMINATION

• Anonymous
    1 month ago
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.