What if YOU are the "cruel" One? ?

We hear stories of people who get bullied or harrassed by their partners. Who are victims to emotional outbursts from their loved ones. We help them by saying "get over it. It will heal with time. You deserve better" Etc etc. What if though... You are the one who is actually the cause of all this trouble?  What do you have to say to someone who hates themselves beyond imagination (obv like me) causing pain for both themselves AND others? Don't they deserve their fair share of suffering? How does the infamous "love yourself so that others love you" Crap come into picture? Isn't it a bit oberrated? 

Yes, I have seen evidence of myself being the negative influence,

but I try to own up to my character flaws and do better next time

Should kathy be arrested for transmitting hiv to one trick pony and wisecracker ?

AnswerSave

• Binks

Actually, the infamous saying is "love others as you would have them love you." To love yourself is actually a tricky play on words. Exceedingly loving one's self will only lead to narcissism. If everyone put others before themselves, everyone would be taken care of. Sadly, this isn't the case.

• What if? 

I typically see them as not caring, so why should I?

No one ever thinks THEY'RE the problem. Everyone's always the victim

Whatever floats your boat

• CAB

Find a cave to live in. That should help all the concerned parties.