Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Ok now can anybody advise me how to give up heroin and alcohol. !?

Now with that being said the problem at hand is. I have turned them into one of my bad habits. They bring me joy. And look the truth is I don't think I can stop. Try as I might I just need more and more and more. I can give up for a while but eventually I'll need a drink then I buy a packet of ciggerettes one thing leads to another and next thing I have got a needle up my arm and I'm unwinding on the sofa. ! Now do you think it's because I have an addictive nature or is it some other reason like I did have a bit of a traumatic childhood maybe I'm covering it up with alcoholism and heroin. Now I don't steal or anything to feed my addiction it's a motto of mine if you can't afford it you go without. ! Has anybody got any advise for someone struggling like this and is there a way out if your addicted do we grow out of addiction. ?

Favorite Answer

Read this and know that I speak from the heartbreaking experiences that you wouldn't wish on anyone including you. IDK if youre in the US or UK but in the US there is no real help since they want to keep us sick because this country is all about selling drugs through the corrupt medical systems. IBOGAINE is what you need. You need to experience something that will remind you of who you are, where you want to go and what you want to do in this life. You will then honor yourself because you will love yourself again snf there will be little to no withdrawal. Afterwards, you won't even think about using. Do it. Do anything to make it happen. Watch about it on youtube. ASAP. 3/6/19 my 25 yr old nephew Garrett that we all loved slipped away while "winding down" after work alone in his bedroom. He had been clean for 2 years and just finished school for his nursing program. We were going to send him to Peru for Ibogaine but its too late. Do it. I have tried every drug and also tried every form of recovery including AA & although it helps many ppl, the success rate isn't nearly where Ibogaine's is....Do it! Good luck.

• Cyndi1 month agoReport

That's terrible I'm so sorry for your loss..I'm never going to use again.  

Please try yoga.

A. are you doing heroin by yourself ? if so then go to a drug rehab place . B . Are you doing heroin just with others ? then stop being around those people . you have to eventually stop being around those people or you will never stop . plus you might still need rehab either way if your insurance will pay for it 

• Cyndi1 month agoReport

I usually just do heroin when I feel a little bit stressed to unwind. !

• kelvin

well here is an idea, why not come back when you actually do have an addiction

• M m1 month agoReport

just because someone doesn’t steal does not mean they don’t have a drug addiction idiot 

Not sure about the heroin, but from what I understand, a supplement which is not very expensive and is available on Amazon and from health food stores etc. called  N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is useful in helping people wean themselves off of alcohol. If you Google it you could probably find out more information on the correct dosages and how to go about it. Like maybe on the website examine .com for example you could find out more about optimal dosages for this kind of use. You might want to consider going to a good naturopathic doctor as well. They would be more likely to be able to help you than a main stream allopathic doctor. The fact that you are somewhat addictive to two depressive substances , as opposed to stimulants, would probably be a helpful clue to a good naturopath as to how they could best help you.

• Andy C

If you want the dl on addiction and how to stop it, read "The Hacking of the American Mind " by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D, M.S.A

You won't grow out of it and it will consume you until you are dead.

It did, me.

3 in 100,000,000,000 odds of me answering this question.

The book describes the biochemistry behind addiction and corroborates everything I learned in the last 7 years.

You can do it but you have to do it. No one can do it for you.

• Cyndi2 months agoReport

Oh really . I want to stop. You know if I could give up ciggerettes I think I could hold the other at bay bit yeah I find it hard

Commit a violent felony then brutally attack someone in jail and you can detox in solitary confinement.

Source(s): Ex con

How to give up things that bring you joy but are destructive?

You go into a treatment program.

Commit to a recovery program. Call Narcotics Anonymous and tell them you're ready to get help. Don't chicken out.

• Kyle

it's almost impossible to give up addictions by yourself.  you often need a support system.  family, friends, co-workers, anyone.  get different outlets.  join a gym.  i go to planet fitness and it's $10/month.  even with a $39 annual fee, it's still very affordable.  try going 3x a week to start, then adjust accordingly.  some gym's have group classes you can join.  meet some new people.  

• kelvin

dual recovered addict and i quit without any type of help

I've seen people clean up, but they seem to fall right back off the track. It's like being in a gang- once you're in, you're in for life.

Just don't have kids, or get a dog, or put yourself in any type of situation where anyone is relying on you.

You're doing a lot better than most, Kelvin ...but your life is not over yet. Don't get too smug or too confident.

• kelvin

wrong and i am a dual recovered addict who is 20 plus years drug free and 17 years alcohol free