Do I pay taxes if I sell nudes online if so how? ?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. The platform I’m using is only fans and my payment method is cash app.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You would owe tax on any profit for whatever you sell.

• 1 month ago

Yes. You keep track of how much money you get paid and report it to the IRS on Schedule C or C-EZ, and send them the tax money.

• 1 month ago

You are considered "Self-Employed".

You have to pay the IRS and your state (if applicable) yourself.  The taxes are not taken out of your payments.

• 1 month ago

No they don't pull it out of your income.  You keep track of income and expenses and pay taxes on your profit.  Presumably they will send you a 1099 if you make enough money, but you are responsible with or without the 1099.  For example, if you were doing this all of 2019, you should pay estimated taxes 4/15, 6/16, 9/15 in 2019,and 1/152020, then file a tax return by 4/15/2020.  The estimated taxes are the equivalent of the withholding for federal income tax and Social Security/Medicare (FICA) if you were an employee.  The form for estimated taxes is 1040-SE.  If you make less than $400 for the year, no FICA.  If you have another job and have enough withheld there to cover the additional taxes, no estimated tax is necessary.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, you pay taxes on income. That is self employed income.

• kathyyyy1 month agoReport

Do they automatically pull it out of your account 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.