How does air get into a house or apartment?

I was wondering how the fresh outside air gets exchanged with the less fresh inside air?

I cannot see anything that looks like an air vent in my apartment, if I close the doors and windows how does the air get refreshed?

The only way I can see that air can get in is under the door, but there is only enough gap to slide a sheet of paper under.

If I went for a few days without opening door and windows doesnt that mean the air quality would be very much reduced in oxygen? I dont have any plants or pets.

What if I went an entire week inside, can a person just drop dead from lack of oxygen like that?

The pressure of the atmosphere caused air movement and structures will have a slight vacuum on one side because of it. Unless that structure is absolutely air tight, which most aren't, then that vacuum will draw air through the structure and the air in the structure will be exchanged with fresh air from outside. Most openings in a house/building such as windows doors, air conditioning systems, etc. aren't completely air tight. 

Place a small fan in your bathroom window and then open a window in some other room. Builders don't care about air quality and build as cheaply as possible. Aside from that, a small amount of "fresh outside air" will pass through cracks around doors and windows but not to the extent that everyone needs. When friends come over to visit, give them foods and won't produce gasing and ask them to smoke outside. If you have a pet cat, put the cat box in the garage.

Buildings are not sealed that well.  Air seeps in around doors, windows, joints, and other places.

seepage of enough air molecules  to sustain human life through semi loose house or bldg component/materials

unless you have  stove  burners going w closed doors

Hmm get a screen door thing and hook a fan up to one of the windows. 

the apartment [or house] is no where close to air tight. air exchanges through all the doors and windows, plus other possible spaces

Unless your home is exceptionally well-sealed there is considerable air infiltration around window and door frames, through the construction and via heating appliance vents. Every time you enter and leave the building you will get some exchange of air. You would go for many weeks before you used up the available oxygen. As the composition of the air alters it will try to balance with the external air bringing in fresh.  

Totally depends on the size of the house.  If it is a huge house then it is going to take longer  Houses leak air through the electrical outlets and through the dryer vent.

.  Then there is that butt gas and you WANT TO OPEN A WINDOW CAUSE SOMETHING "DIED"  You swear it is Green in color if you could see the gas venting out your butt.

Yeah those houses STINK FROM B.O.  You can't smell it.  They say a skunk can't smell its own stink.  Other people can.

Even the plaster walls are slightly porous, so air goes through them.

Air is moving around in places you wouldn't normally think or look at.  Windows aren't air tight.  Air is moving in the walls, and being lost through holes in the ceiling plane where light fixtures or vent pipes are.  Natural stack effect is always going on, drawing warm out up high and it obviously has to be replaced, which draws new air in. If you have an exhaust fan it wouldn't work if it couldn't draw new air in.  The study of this field is referred to as Building Science.  It's quite complex.

Air isn't fresh. You need an air filter.