my blood pressure is 169/74 what can help me?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

It could be MANY things. What is your age? Doctors twenty years ago, weren't as concerned as they are today about mildly high BP. Today, they have to push medications (that are sometimes more dangerous than high BP) on everyone. So before you agree to meds, google natural ways to lower BP..and definitely get checked out..there is probably a reason for a sudden rise. For me, it was my thyroid gland had become overactive, which raised BP. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

dieting with paleo or similar diets

• 8 months ago

More water, less soft drinks and other water substitutes.

Blood is 94% water. When you become dehydrated (defined as "not drinking sufficient water that the body needs to function properly" - not necessarily a condition resulting from medication or disease) the water volume of the blood is reduced by around 8%.

This increases the viscosity, which in turn increases the workload on the heart, resulting in a higher blood pressure. Drinking sufficient water will fix the problem as long as it isn't being influenced by other factors.

• Marduk
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Stop listening to the NEWS!!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Carmen
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Seeing a doctor because something is elevating your pressure so don’t take it lightly it can be very serious can cause a stroke heart attack or much more stress can be the cause too praying everything works out for you.

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The doc..........

• 8 months ago

This is something you need to ask your doctor.  Your upper number is very high and your lower number is normal.  This is called isolated systolic hypertension.  It has a number of specific causes that have different treatments.  The doc needs to find the cause before it can be treated. 

• 8 months ago

When is it 169/74?  If it's like is all the time, you need medication before you have a stroke.  If it happens in the doctor's office, get a blood pressure meter and check it yourself when you're relaxed at home and have been sitting still for ten minutes.  If you're never relaxed at home and never sit still for ten minutes, that explains why you have high blood pressure.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.