Why Does Asking a Question Make You LOSE Points?

wtf lmao?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

It's a small price to pay for the knowledge you seek!

• 8 months ago

Hi. You're thinking in the wromg frame of mind.

You don't lose points to ask a question, You actually invest points in solving a problem or learning something.

If You step into the community & yake everything You can from it, You run out of points & can no longer access the resoures.

just like any other community, just like in real life ... The people who simply take & don't give or share are stuck just looking in from the outside.

G'Luck!!!

• 8 months ago

Because, nobody would answer questions.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You get points, for giving an answer, and you lose points, for trying to get answers is fair enough to me. Whenever I want to know about something then I will ask, and I don't complain about losing anything. Because I know I can get back what I lost. I already asked questions hoping that other people's answers would benefit me in some way. I am happy with some of the answers that I received.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

don't want lose points ? then only do serious questions

• 8 months ago

i think it's about encouraging users to contribute answers, rather than just using the service in a one-sided way.

• 8 months ago

What's 2 points overall, hey? Deal with it.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

That is the way yahoo works, sorry

• 8 months ago

You spend points to ask a question, you get a refund when you award best answer. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

They want to encourage people to actually help and answer questions. If you gained points by asking them people would just spam questions and not bother answering any questions. Sadly this is a thing anyway because people just mash the keyboard to gain points 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.