Why Does Asking a Question Make You LOSE Points?

wtf lmao?

It's a small price to pay for the knowledge you seek!

Hi. You're thinking in the wromg frame of mind.

You don't lose points to ask a question, You actually invest points in solving a problem or learning something.

If You step into the community & yake everything You can from it, You run out of points & can no longer access the resoures.

just like any other community, just like in real life ... The people who simply take & don't give or share are stuck just looking in from the outside.

G'Luck!!!

Because, nobody would answer questions.

You get points, for giving an answer, and you lose points, for trying to get answers is fair enough to me. Whenever I want to know about something then I will ask, and I don't complain about losing anything. Because I know I can get back what I lost. I already asked questions hoping that other people's answers would benefit me in some way. I am happy with some of the answers that I received.

don't want lose points ? then only do serious questions

i think it's about encouraging users to contribute answers, rather than just using the service in a one-sided way.

What's 2 points overall, hey? Deal with it.

That is the way yahoo works, sorry

You spend points to ask a question, you get a refund when you award best answer. 

They want to encourage people to actually help and answer questions. If you gained points by asking them people would just spam questions and not bother answering any questions. Sadly this is a thing anyway because people just mash the keyboard to gain points