Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 months ago

What do you think about me delivery services like hello fresh. Do the meals taste delicious ?

I think it’s useful especially for people who lead busy lives and don’t have time to go grocery shopping and buying too much produce and having it go bad 

• KatieC

I wouldn’t do it every week because it’s so expensive, but it’s fun to do every once in a while to add some healthy new recipes to our rotation.

• Clive

It always used to be done in the past, then grocers stopped delivering.  Now they're doing it again and saying it's an amazing new service, when it's not new at all. 

And having it delivered ready measured out to cook with is no advantage if you're not cooking for the number of people the meal serves (certainly no good to me as I live alone) and what if I want to eat something Hello Fresh don't have in their range?  Nor does it save any time for all those people who claim they don't have time to cook because you still have to cook what they send you. 

What is being used far more in the UK is the delivery service most supermarkets now have, so you can order online what you actually want and not just pre-set recipe ingredients.  Which also means you can order anything they sell, not just food.  So it actually CAN save you a shopping trip.  But I don't want that because the delivery charge is extra and you can't guarantee the quality of what you get.  If I go there, I can choose fresh meat and vegetables for myself. 

So my Mum doesn't approve but what she thinks is a better idea is what Iceland does.  You can go there, shop, pay, and leave it there to be delivered later.  Great if you don't drive and can't carry it all. 

What actually IS useful for older and disabled people who have difficulty cooking and actually DOES save time is companies like Wiltshire Farm Foods, who offer a wide range of pre-prepared meals you can microwave and do deliver to your door.  They are the catering contractor to my local hospital, as I found out when I had to stay in for a few days of tests several months ago.  NHS hospital food used to be a bad joke, but having to live on Wiltshire Farm Foods products came as a very pleasant surprise.  You know what mothers are like... "are you eating properly?"  In this case, yes, and I was actually looking forward to meals.

I think it's a scam for people with too much money and not enough brains.

• k w

it only matters what YOU think...just try it, then you'll know......