Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Fifteen-year-old girl won't stop obsessing over me and making advances. I'm thirty-three. How do I get her to leave me alone?

She's very irritating and immature, and she's mean to my wife and has been trying to push a wedge between her and me. I don't think she's going to school and I can't for the life of me find her parents, though she doesn't seem to be homeless. My friend's teenage son has been trying to talk her out of going after me with no progress. He tells me that she ignores half of what he tells her and throws tantrums when she doesn't get her way. I don't know what's wrong with this girl.

Tell her, look I don't want to risk my marriage or go to jail, please understand. 

Tell her that she's a little girl and you are not interested in her or jail so buzz off.

• Tepee

Ask her why she wants you to risk being sent to prison for child abuse?

You’re closer to 13 than 33. 

You’ll never have anyone obsessing over you, so you needn’t worry about it. 

• nanu

tell her mother....................................

• Brian

The first question that will be asked is how did she get to be this way unless you groomed her to want to like you. It may be an innocent thing but she's latched onto you and you have to be responsible and try to deal with this. If you talk to anyone they'll want to know just what happened where things escalated to this level. She's very vulnerable in this state too so you need to try and handle this with "kid gloves" as they say. Try to become more distant with her over a period of time in hopes she'll focus her attentions elsewhere.

• Brian

In some cases they don't but in some they do and with the way people think today they'll automatically assume it's all on him.

• steve

In your dreams!

But if real tell her parents otherwise if you just tell her no and she is 'obsessed' with you she might make accusations against you that it happened anyway.

• Lili

Tell her parents.

In fact, you might consider getting a lawyer to send her (and a copy to her parents) a "cease and desist" letter.  My concern is that rejecting this girl might trigger a false accusation against you -- at 15, she wouldn't necessarily grasp the seriousness of that -- but "lawyering up" could protect you. At least consult one for some legal advice on the best way to proceed.