Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why should I have to wear a seatbelt if I don’t want to? It should be a choice?

43 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Rite........

I understand it's for safety reasons. But wearing a seat belt while driving, doesn't guarantee protection from car accidents......

What does though, ....is not driving or getting in a vehicle. That measure is totally a guarantee!!

• stoned1 month agoReport

Where is that..........?

• 1 month ago

You wear a seatbelt because it's common sense and the law. It keeps everyone else in and around the vehicle safe. It should never be a personal choice and going by the number of uneducated, careless drivers I see on the roads these days, the seatbelt may be the only thing standing between them and their makers.. 

• 1 month ago

i think it should be too. freedom of choice is the best thing in the world.

• 1 month ago

yes should be a choice, the government acts like they not only own the roads but own everything else (like your car and you yourself)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because if you wear one you won't go flying out of your car.

• Rimona1 month agoReport

No, I haven't.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are injured it does not just affect you.

Paramedics, ambulance crew, hospital staff....all giving time at great cost to a needless injury as a result of your lazy selfishness

Belt up

• Zeus1 month agoReport

Shouldn't the emphasis be on getting people to drive more safely? Then people wouldn't have so many accidents in the first place.

• 1 month ago

Safety first and always.

• misty
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Its not a choice, its the law.

• ...Show all comments
    • Zeus1 month agoReport

Yes, but we can change laws can't we? Used to be against the law to be gay, but it isn't now: times change.

• 1 month ago

Do what you want, maybe you will be the next Darwin award winner

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That will solve all our problems people who don’t want to wear seatbelt should be allowed to do it. When they go for their license we put them in some heavy-acceleration device if they use or not the seatbelt will be marked as yes or no if they survive the heavy-acceleration device will end that discussion in some accelerated way ... the end

• ...Show all comments
    • Caesar
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Sure they also can try to drink glass or poison... they haven't thought this through, do they

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.