Are police officers trained to assume that everyone is a liar? I was pulled over for speeding, and the officers asked me if I had been ?

Drinking? No, I replied. So have you had anything to drink sir?  No, I replied again. Why are your eyes red?  My contacts sometimes irritate my eyes. Step out of the car sir. Why?  I am going to do a series of tests.  For what?  To determine if you are impaired. I passed each little test.  The other officer asked to search my car.  No!!  You do not have my permission!!  I know you are hiding something!!  After the 5th time of asking to search my car, I explained that if I was asked the question one more time there would be a formal complaint filed. 

Was I speeding?  Yes. Guilty of any other crimes...no.  Why do cops seem to think that everyone is lying?

• james

American cops only care about one thing. That is how many coins they can fetch there Judge. This is why in part the way they are. Yes it is sick the way they treat the citizen.  But they are allowed to be what they are. They are passed change the Court need your money. Not you. 

I don't drink. So I always refuse to take the drunk test. I tell them to bring over a breathalizer or leave me be.  

They don't think or assume that everyone is a liar. They are trained to assume that anyone might be a liar. Which is kind of true.

Police are trained define some kind of charge on you they get money for this friend. This has nothing to do with righteousness this is a money thing.

I arrested hundreds of drunk drivers and maybe two or three percent were honest about how much they had to drink. Only a naive person would simply take your word for it. People who have nothing to hide usually cooperate with police, in my experience.

It's probably a toss up between your attitude and your beady red eyes.

Because if you tell them the truth, you automatically will incriminate yourself. I think you handled yourself fine under the circumstances.

"Why do cops seem to think that everyone is lying?" Experience.

Were you drinking???