Do all Christians believe that there can be a mind without a body?

Breakthrough's question again.

• Jim V

I can't imagine how one could be a Christian without understanding that the soul/mind exists separately from the material body.

We are not bodies that have souls.

We are souls that currently have bodies.

(Mind is a product of the soul, not the body.)

[C. S. Lewis said something like this, but I could not find the exact quote.]

Kys ugly ........,,

I'm not Chirstain LOL. I'm satanist. Hate that ****** up God.

• Paul

Yes, there can, God being the prime example, and angels being lesser examples of the same thing. In addition are humans who have died physically.

That will be the state of the deceased until the resurrection.

Jon, if you really want to answer his questions, it would be simpler to just make a new account and go anonymous.

Awkward question, because unless 100% of the 2,200,000,000 Christians in the world do "actively" believe that, then the answer would be no!

*I suspect you may not have asked the question you thought you asked!

If you mean the organ called the brain: NO. If you mean the element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought: YES.

• yesmar

If one believes in an incorporeal God, then yes.  I would guess that "all" Christians don't fall into the same category as to what is believed.

Most humans believe that. I don't.