My sister steals my stuff ?

I am 29 and recently moved in with my sister and her fiancé because I don’t have a job right now and am living off SSDI. We can’t wear the same size but she still insists on stealing my clothes and other items when she has more than me and much nicer stuff too. She’ll wear like a pair of my pants and they’ll be too tight and short and she’ll stretch them out. My mom just tells her give the stuff back. 

She weighs 130 or so pounds and I weigh around 90-92 pounds and have trouble finding properly fitting attire. I wear the same stuff because she steals most of my wardrobe. I have to pinch pennies and can’t afford to replace stuff, but she doesn’t care. 

But if I steal her stuff, which I do from to time and don’t wear, to prove a point or if I steal my items back, she blows a fuse. I did wear a jacket of hers she had for years and never wore, still had the tag on it and she came unglued and stole it back and started wearing it. Her fiancé said he’d never seen the jacket before and that it was a bit tight on her, but she wears it just to rub it in my face, just like when she wears my clothes that are too small on her. 

I am fed up with this. I don’t know what to do. She’s 26 with a good high paying job and can afford nice new stuff, except she spends it on food and wine. No locks on bedroom doors or we’d just do that. #madashell #fedup #biatch #selfishsister

You are between a rock and a hard place.  Sorry.  I can only see one way, somewhat. You can go to the goodwill store, and get a trunk with a lock on it. Sometimes called a footlocker, and put a padlock. But if she feels entitled, like because she is helping you by letting you stay in her home, she might get mad at you, or just get a bolt cutter and cut your lock off.  But Just to assure you, you are not wrong. She is not treating you very well. The same thing, happened to me, and after years of helping most of them out, caring for a few, and giving and lending money which at least half was not paid back. I stayed with a sister recovering from 5 surgeries. And there is not a day when she complains about the electric went up, even though I had given the difference what her electric was last may and this may which was $23-$31,  She has a heated blanket for her bed, so at night she drops the temperature to 68*.  I figured after I paid the difference she should not mention it again. And that is after my sister and niece eat half my food.  But Right now I have to accept it. No job, using my savings and a small side job of letting people full my truck with trash and I bring it to the dump, for $50 plus dump fee. I make maybe $100-$150 a week.  It will be another 2-3 months before I can get a full time job, and another 2-3 months to save enough to get my own place again. Or I can leave and live in my pickup truck camper. When a person says they are helping you they should not make you feel bad for helping you, and should not take advantage of you.  Look for others in a same boat, where 2,3,4 people can get a 2 bedroom and maybe put two twin beds in each room, and rent the apartment together.  Its got to be better the being mistreated by your sister. 

• Orla C

Buy yourself a suitcase with a lock on it that she can't open and keep the things you don't want her taking in that. 

Move out. That's all you can do

Tell her to stop. Humans are reasonable and if you have a polite conversation (maybe only speak in whispers to make it soft?) and talk it out. Alternatively, offer to go shopping with your sister so she can share interests.

• Layne

I agree with you, 100%,  you have every right to be mad.  

• Helen

Me and my sister were exactly the same.

When we were 15...

Time you both grew up.

Absolutely immature on both parties to steal like that.  Lock your stuff up or move somewhere else.  There is affordable housing available where they take only a percentage of your income, but you may have to be on a wait list.

The two of you sound like you're in grade school , never mind being in your mid-to-late twenties. Go to the Goodwill and buy yourself a lock 4 your door and lock it when you're not home. That is the only solution to this problem. Stop taking your sisters things and return everything that's hers and then get a lock on your door. End of story you both need to grow up.

Start leaving visible discharge in the crotch of your bottoms. That will show her.. 

• Liz

Well it certainly doesn't help if you're doing the same thing - stealing her clothes. (Romans 2:21) "do you, however, the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself? You, the one preaching, “Do not steal,” do you steal?"

Why not try having a talk with her; if nothing work, you might have to move someplace else.

Go buy some itching powder and put it in some thing of yours that you know she will wear.