Can I legally leave at 17 and 6 months of age from an abusive household?

We love an emotionally abusive mother who acts bipolar and never would act like a real mother.

Depends on the age of majority laws in the place where you live. Where I live, in the US, you wouldn't be able to legally leave the home unless... 1) A judge legally emancipated you... 2) Your mother was sending you to live with another responsible adult... Or... 3) The state was removing you from an abusive home and putting you into foster care. But things might be different where you are. At any rate, if you're not legally able to leave the home you will need to report this abuse so authorities can keep you safe and put your abuser behind bars.

you need to call cps and have them take you out

Legally you can only leave with parental permission (when you are 16-18). Without that permission whom ever takes you in would be guilty of harboring a runaway.  Don't get stuck on the idea of emancipation, it is extremely rare and often expensive.

• PAMELA

You cannot sign any legal documents until you are 18, so you have to wait until you are 18 to sign a lease, to sign up for gas, electric,and all the other bills you will need to pay, can you support yourself at 18?

You can apply for emancipation, giving you power over your affairs and release as a minor. Doing so will require you to take responsibility for yourself financially with a living arrangement, and job to take care of your needs.

• Blanca1 month agoReport

ive considered it but if I follow through my siblings will also be under investigation and possible removal of the household and I don't want that for them