I have a debit with transferwise.?

Few months ago I transferred some money from CAD to EUR. 

The payment went through, so I got my money in the other bank account, but after few days the bank from where I sent the money rejected the payment and gave me back the money I was supposed to pay. But still the receiver got their money, so it's like I have a debit with TransferWise, I don't know how did this happen but now the company sent me an email saying that I have to pay them for the money I borrowed. Does anyone had to deal with something like that? How is possible that TransferWise paid my bill without receiving the money?

• Judy

They made a mistake and ended up not charging you for it then. You knew it but thought you could get away with keeping the money that you knew wasn't yours. Now they found the error, and want their money back. That's legal, and you owe them. They might let you pay it in payments. If they have to take you to court for it they will, and you will lose and have to pay not only the original money but also probably their costs to sue.

You are missing the point.  YOU HAVE THE MONEY and transferwise wants it.

The fact that it took them a "few months" to catch up with you is your fault as you didn't contact them as soon as your bank refunded the money to you.

Pay up as quickly as possible.  If you spent the money, you were at best a fool and at worst a thief.