Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 8 months ago

Is it okay I missed the xmas party?

I started a job at the beginning of this year, and on the night of my Christmas party I got a call at work saying the hospital now know what is wrong with my my nan (who has been in hospital the last week.) She has tumours and only has a few days to live.

I rushed to the hospital because I wanted to see her and was allowed to stay late. I knew she was ill but has been a complete shock she has only days left. Still in shock. Me and her are very close.

I told work, but now worried I have missed out on building relationships with colleagues and I know missing the Christmas party is a big no no. Worried I'll be outcast now.

Was I wrong to not go for a bit?

Don't worry we have many parties we will attend in our life

Yes it’s ok.... don’t sweat about it

• Judy

Quit worrying about it. People will understand. You did the right prioritizing.

Not wrong at all. Explain how your nan has a week max to live and you couldn't tear yourself away from the hospital. When she dies, be sure and tell them. Realize that she is not your immediate family, so you will not get time off for that but you will get half a day off to attend the funeral.

This could only be a troll.

If they hassle you, they are insensitive jerks.

Considering the circumstances I doubt anyone won't understand why you weren't there.

• Helen

No it's not ok. Your workmates will hate you forevermore.

No, they are preparing to fire you.

No. You’re going to get sacked and you deserve it.