When in-laws come to visit do you think they should stay at our home or book a hotel/house nearby?

The in-laws live approx. three hours from us driving distance.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

NO ONE... I REPEAT... NO ONE stays in my house except for me and my wife. 

You wanna visit that fine but leave at night. I do not want any kin folks hanging around and munchin of me. EVEN MY KIDS... visit then leave.

I am not running a hotel, or a B&B. Visit say your gossip and leave.

• 8 months ago

I am speaking for myself....if I had the guest accommodations  (a bedroom AND bathroom) and if it was a visit for no longer than a week, I would welcome house guests.  

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

That is for you and your husband to work out!

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

So you despise your in laws, heh?  Is it going to disrupt their budget to have to go to a motel room?  Do you stay with them when visiting?  There is no yes or no from us you know how much you hate them and will cause a scene as opposed to not even spending time with them at your home.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • mom
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

if they are just staying for a visit, you should make room for them. I am sure when you visit them, they always make you feel at home. 

• 8 months ago

One consideration I don't see mentioned is available space.

Is there ROOM in your home?

Are there other accommodations available in the area?

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

If you go to the inlaws and stay there, it seems letting them stay with you is appropriate. If they make you get a hotel, then you could make the same request from them.

• 8 months ago

Why shouldn't they remember your relatives are your spouses in laws so it goes both ways

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Mine are dead thankfully! They can't stay anywhere besides where they are...

• 8 months ago

Depends if you like them or not, how long will they be staying, do you have room, can they afford to stay at a hotel, etc.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.