Anonymous

My boyfriend left me without even a call or a message and is now with the girl who hated me... I'm so sad, how can I get over it?

I am 15. I had a boyfriend a year ago. We didn't kiss nor hug or touch, it was just like, best friends, and we were kinda chaste etc because I am too young and I was raised that way by my parents, so we were more like best friends than actual lovers. We used to go fishing, nights and during the day, I used to keep his fishing basket and help him, we would go for long walks together, when he had repairs to do to some homes I used to follow him even if it was far and it meant sleeping in those house (they were empty) with him. We had fun, we were always happy, I had deep feelings for him although we never reached physical intimacy. We understood each other and he was so protective and good to me. Then I had to move because my parents were both unemployed. His family (his mom) started to pity us because of it and that made me feel really uncomfortable. The last days he wanted to hide me in his bedroom so they would leave without me. He cried when my mom said she has to come too, and promised we would have found a way to be together despite of the long distance (hundreds thousands miles away). He would ignore my messages and calls. Lately I found out he's dating a girl who has always been between us jealous of me. She would attack me at birthday parties and talk bad about me calling me poor, disadapted, migrant, ugly, dirty... he's a migrant too, but she won't call him names. In the pictures I saw they kiss, travel, have fun, he calls her his love. Why did he do this to me? 

• Helen

Long distance relationships rarely work out.

This does not mean that what you had together wasn't real.

I know it hurts but you will move on and be happy again in time.

You moved away. Long distance relationships rarely work. He wanted a girlfriend he could see regularly. These situations occur all the time and you should accept it now. You have good memories of him that you will cherish for a long time, but you need to move on with your life and you will meet a new boy when the time is right. 

• Alan H

Sorry, but such things happen

You have plenty more ahead of you

Now is not always