julia asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 year ago

is it better to get the hormonal iud or the implant ?

• MissA

They both have pros and cons. Neither is perfect for every woman. Read up on them and decide which you'd like to try.

• Laura

This really depends on the person.  For me, neither of them are very good choices.  For many of my friends, the implant is good for them.  For my sister she really loves her IUD and plans to get a new one when this one expires in 2020. 

Talk with your OB-GYN about this, and talk with them about why you want something like this.  They will be able to tell you which would be good for you and why, then you can think about which is best for you based on what your doctor has said. 

• :)

It depends on a lot. Everyone woman has something that works best for them. Both are highly effective, but both have their own unique cons/side effects. Consult with your gyno; they know you best, medically. They can make a great recommendation.

It's best to get what your GP recommends.