Can I fix this?

I broke my Ds because I was trying to take a Sd card out because my sister put paper In it and I used scissors to pull the sd card out. Now it can’t read any sd card ( I tested it )it works but this part is broken. 😭 I need help.

• Shadow

Did you break a SD port on the laptop or a Nintendo DS SD port? Try another SD card but chances are, you've damaged the pins that connect on the SD card. You may have either flattened a pin or pushed it too high and now it's not making contact. The only way to fix it is to carefully straighten the pin with a long, thin precision screwdriver. Preferable flat. Otherwise, you're out of luck and need to either send it in to be repaired or, if a laptop, get an external SD card reader.

• keerok

Buy a cheap USB card reader. You can get one for a couple of dollars or something. That broken slot? Plug in a damaged SD card you no longer use and glue it in place. That should make your laptop cool!

Until you have it repaired, or replaced you can buy a cheap card reader adapter to use.

go to the social security office and get another one

If you have to ask if you can fix it, then no. You do not have the requisite tools or skillset to fix it. If it's still under warranty, you might be able to get it serviced pretty cheaply. If it's not, you'll have to look into what it would cost to fix it.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answe...

Well you can do one of two things you can spend $135 to have the SD card reader fixed at a shop or you can go to Walmart and get a USB SD card reader and plug it into one of the USB ports of the laptop.

• Carson

You shorted something out when you stuck metal scissors into an electrical port.

At times like these you need to NOT follow your intuition and ask someone, older, possibly wiser what can be done.

I'm afraid you Ds is toast.