rod asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 2 months ago

will my ESTA visa work properly? if I am denied entry will I be sent back to the country I was on holidays or the country of my passport?

I have a eeu passport and I am travelling in Brazil and now on my return to the uk my flight from Sao Paulo is going trough the use, with a 10 hours connection in Chicago and I plan to go around and so some quick exploring before my flight leaves to London, my question is, when I applied for my esta visa it was approved quickly and all that but back then I was planning to go to nyc and on application they asked where I was going and staying but those plans to go to nyc didn't work but my visa was approved still and is supposedly valid for 2 years, so now me going to Chicago it won't be an issue? because first time on application I said it was gonna be nyc? and if by chance they deny me entry/transit to the usa, will they send me back to the uk or Brazil where I was in holidays?

• Daniel
    Favorite Answer

You are probably OK, but answers from random strangers on the internet aren't as good as someone at the US embassy or consulate in your country.  

• Daniel

They aren't in the US yet, so they shouldn't be contacting their consulate in Chicago, they should contact the US consulate or embassy in THEIR country.

They won't send you anywhere. You would just not be allowed to leave the airport. You would stay in the transit area. Why on earth would they "send" you anywhere when you already have a ticket to London?  

• Daniel

And that is after everyone on arriving international flights is funneled to immigrations and customs with no option to go anywhere else.

I don't think they'll send you back. If they don't let you enter with the visa, they'll probably just have you stay at the airport and wait for your flight to London.

it won't be an issue?

IT CAN BE.

Will it be?  MAYBE but usually not.

YOU answer their questions and explain the change in situation.

A decision will be made at that time.

IF sent back you return back to the place you just left.in this case BRAZIL.

You may not have much time for an out of Airport time in Chicago.

WEATHER happens than can delay your arrival.

• rod2 months agoReport

just saw an article saying European citizens have the right according to UN law to be sent back to their countries...imagine being sent back to a country you know nothing about, hold no documents and have nothing and not your home country.