Clara asked in Cars & TransportationRail · 2 months ago

What would you do if you were in this situation? Was i right to do this as a last resort?

Ok so i stayed with my mum recently for Christmas and came home today by train and while i was on the train the carriage was full. When i had to get off the train when it arrived in my home town i politely asked the other passengers if i could get past so that i could get off the train at my stop but they ignored me and didn't move out of my way to let me get off. I then asked politely again if i could and they did the same again. I was extremely worried at this point that i would not be able to get off at my stop and not get home because of what they were doing, so as a last resort i pushed past them saying 'this is my stop move or i will miss it'. This is not something that i would normally do or ever have done up until today, but i had to to prevent me from missing my stop so that i could get off. What would you do in this situation? Was i right to do this as a last resort?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You were totally wrong. You should have been a polite little peewee and missed your stop.

*rolls eyes*

• 2 months ago

You're fine.  I would have gotten up and been at the door while the train was still moving (before stopping at the station), but it's common to wait and get up only when the train has stopped.  If people don't move, you don't have a choice: you have to shove past them.  At least you apologized.  

• zipper
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Sorry this is my stop and do the same thing, and I would not feel bad about it at all.

• Zheia
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I would have got myself ready about 5 mins before the train is due to arrive at the station, and gradually make my way towards a door so that I can get off when the train stops.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pete L
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Of course.If they're so ignorant not to get out of your way they deserve your wrath.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have SERIOUS DOUBTS that this happened.  Everybody SITS on a train that carries people from a city to another city.  If you have a ticket, you have a SEAT.  Even in China, with 1.4 billion people, you get a SEAT.  And in the UK, you definitely get a SEAT.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I would have either done the same thing.

• 2 months ago

You had no other alternative. They were rude to ignore you so you did what you had to do. 

• 2 months ago

you were absolutely right in pushing past them after they showed their ignorance and would not move for you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.