Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 2 months ago

I got grounded is it fair ?

Ok so here it goes my school is near a train station and at break time I just had enough and decided to climb the fence and jump on the train and go shopping, around 11am, so I didn't think much about it I thought yes freedom.

Little did I know someone told one of my teachers who beat the train and was waiting there for me to get there. 

Anyway she finds me there and brings me back to school, gives me 2 weeks detention because apparently it was dangerous and anything could've happened to me hello I'm 15 I know what I'm doing anyway my mom gets phoned by the principal and then guess what I get grounded a for 2 weeks for sneaking out seriously my question is is this actually fair.

Schools have rules for a reason.  YOU chose to ignore the rules and now you must pay the price.  Just  because you are 15 - does NOT mean you can make adult decisions.

More than fair.

I know people who got beaten with stick for less.

• GB

It's not nice, but punishment is not meant to be. 

• Happy2 months agoReport

Yeah😂

I wouldn't buy the book or watch the movie.

.

Try again.

• edward

During school hours if it is expected that you are there, the teachers are responsible for your safety. If you go missing or injured they take the blame for it

You're 15, so yes i guess you knew what you were doing. .... something you weren't supposed to be doing.

If you asked your parents or the teacher if it was ok to climb the fence and jump the train to go shopping, instead of doing what you were supposed to be doing, would they agree?

We aren't here to be fair.

Too lenient actually!

You want to play the "I'm an adult game, then you also need to understand in the real world that actions have consequences! You chose to skip school, hop on a train illegally, and go shopping.... 2 weeks of detention at school and an additional 2 weeks of being grounded.

If you were my kid, you'd be under "house arrest" for 3 months, you'd only be allowed to go to and from school with an escort, and when you get home its straight to your room to do homework and only allowed out to use the bathroom/shower.

If  you were my child - it would have been SO MUCH WORSE - so you got off easy in my opinion.

More than "fair".  

Look up punctuation. Improve your English skills. Then maybe some day someone might believe your twaddle.

Yes it's fair.