julia asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 months ago

is something wrong with my iud?

about 10 days ago i had my iud inserted. 2 days ago i stared experiencing a very painful sharp pain more on my right side which radiates down to my right thigh. i’m worried it might have moved. 

i did check if it was there and i feel the strings, however they feel more to the left side and i’m not sure if this is normal. 

I would recommend going to get it checked out. You need to make sure it's in the right place and not perforating your uterus. If it does this it can lead to a whole world of pain. 

Never try and diagnose it yourself. You should seek medical help and get an abdominal ultrasound. But seek help. If it perforates the uterine wall, it can cause infections that can really mess up your uterus and future fertility. So, I would seek help. 

• Tulip

Ok thanks for letting us know

• :)

Don’t take risks with such a symptom. Go back to the professional that inserted it.

If you are experiencing pain after IUD insertion you should go back to your OB/GYN doctor to be examined because pain could indicate a problem.

Call your doctor and ask to speak to a nurse. You will likely be asked to leave a message, explain the details and a nurse will call you back. She or he will let you know if you need to make an appointment.