Why don't more rich people give to panhanders?
I never give to them because broke, I've never even owned a computer. I'm on a mobile phone right now my dad pays for we get a cheap family contract or something, but every time I see a panhandler in the gold Coast of chicago I can't help but wonder why do these people act like they have no empathy for them at all
- RichardLv 61 month ago
The rich get tired of getting hit up for money at every turn.
- ANDRE LLv 72 months ago
Also not a Travel question. Polls is THAT way.---->
- NavyCrabLv 72 months ago
Because the city would find the way to tax it.
- 2 months ago
One reason is a poor person can empathize much more easily with the poor than a rich person can.
It is very easy for a wealthy person to feel entitled and feel they got themselves into the situation of having a full bank account and the homeless bum on the street obviously isn't trying hard enough.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Saut de ChatLv 72 months ago
Because it’s not wise to give money to someone you don’t know. Panhandlers often don’t really need the money for food/shelter and are pulling a scam.
- DEBSLv 72 months ago
Often people don't carry cash or at least small enough bills/change. I can also tell you from experience that I have a huge mistrust for most panhandlers/beggars. So many are just flat our liars who refuse to even look for a job because they make so much money begging. Try giving them food and they'll take it out of courtesy but toss it after you leave. Unfortunately, it's a real thing that some corners are worked out in shifts where beggars park their nice cars around the corner. Also, when you walk by day after day after day, you have to question how much and how often it makes sense to give. You see people walk by, but maybe they just gave to someone a few blocks back.
- A HunchLv 72 months ago
1. Giving to homeless individuals does not help resolve the homeless crisis.
2. Many panhandlers earn a few $100 a day, all tax free. How much farther does your income go if you aren't paying taxes on it.
3. Do you know how often people are bombarded with panhandlers? I would have to be one if I don't to each one I saw.
- Master ShakeLv 42 months ago
Cuz 90% of them are drugg addicts