Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 9 months ago

Quit job due to rat problem?

Hi there

So i got a new job and everything going fine until one day i saw a tail of a rat moving. It was infront of my desk. The person opposite my desk shortly afterwards jumped as she was frightened. I only saw the tail of the rat so im not sure, but the fact that she jumped convinced me that it was a mouse. I didnt speak to her at all about it.

So this is a rat right? What are the laws and what do you think (UK) 

And is this something you would immediately quit a job over?

Thanks im not sure what to do

You are willing to quit your job because you saw a tail....wow. 

Would you sell your home if you saw one there?

Bad.  I bet it was a Rattlerat, like a Rattlesnake but a rat, and we all know how dangerous those are.

• Tavy

U.K. law is you tell your Manager or quit with no dole. Try telling DHS that you quit because I thought I saw a mouses tail.

STOP TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

A rat or a mouse?  Two very different animals.  Rats do not come indoors under normal circumstances.  They would only do this if their nest was disturbed, say by a digger, and they had nowhere else to go.  House mice are very common and are attracted to food particles.  Office cleaner may have been sleeping on the job.  Tell your employer. 

Put down a little mouse poison (green pellets) where you saw them when you leave the office at the end of each day.  Count the number of pellets in the morning.  When the number of pellets no longer declines overnight, the mouse problem has gone away. 

And no, this is not a reason to leave your job.  That would be a snowflake thing to do.