Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Would piranhas devour me if I tried to swim along with them?

No, most are vegetarian, so you should be fine.

the only carnivourus kinds will only eat humans if they havent been fed or if you are the only option, which is almost never

You mean a school of about 100 of them in the Amazon? YES, don't believe retired old sarge...................he's way off on his politics too. The "black" variety would go crazy

no...NO.....NO.

No. Kids in the Amazon swim with them all the time. I just wouldn't do it with an open cut.

my pet gator runs around my castle moat--he loves yu hah\be at `azusa for my televised nu marriages celebrashn\eri clapton my honey shall be in touch\

--  If you had an open wound or are bleeding then the chance of being eaten are much higher than if you are unhurt.  Some scientists have sat in tanks full of piranhas or swam in rivers with piranhas and not been attacked.

• oikoσ

That depends on the species of piranha. I wouldn't try it with black piranhas; other species are strictly fish-eaters.

they might so i wouldnt do that