Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 2 months ago

rtx 2080 problem?

I got a rtx 2080 1day ago and its been fine but there now seems to be purple lines going across my screen

Update:

I mean there's dotted lines on my other monitor when I connect it to gpu

Update 2:

Could this be because of drivers

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Are the dotted lines on one monitor or both?

Are there lines and dots on the screen when you're in the BIOS or Safe Mode?

Is the card new or used?

Is the card overheating?

Yes, these can be driver issues. It would be for the best to flush the old drivers out with DDU, which can be downloaded from guru3d.com. Once you have gotten rid of the old drivers, you can install new drivers. Driver un-installations always leave files behind which can sometimes hinder the new drivers.

Overheated VRAM or GPU core can sometimes lead to artifacts. If the card has a higher than usual factory overclock, the clock speeds may need to be scaled back. 

If this is a brand new card and you cant get rid of the issues then it would be for the best to RMA the card back to the seller. 

• Dave
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

New or used card?

• 2 months ago

It may not be the graphics card, remove it and use the inter graphics, if the line doesn't go away. it may be your GPU.

• 2 months ago

try different monitor you have to isolate where the problem is

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

sounds like it is dying. 

send it in for an RMA

• Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

sounds like its knackered ...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.