In your experience, how useful were job search engines (Indeed, LinkedIn, SnagaJob, etc.) when it came to seeking and finding employment?

Recently, I heard that using job search engines weren't a good idea.

On the other hand, I've heard using such engines were recommended, and I was even required to have an account during college in LinkedIn.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

• 5 days ago

I will do linkedin marketing, grow your connections and send specific message.

https://lnkd.in/gtzZ6qQ

#linkedin_marketing #linkedin_connections #linkedin #Lead_Generation #B2B_Lead_Generation #LinkedIn_Lead_Generation, #Real_Estate_Lead_Generation #Virtual_Assistant

They were not useful for me. I found that after applying, I'd get an influx of sales calls and junk email. I also did not find jobs for someone of my calibur as when I would get called about a job, the person wanted to low ball on the salary, but required someone with my education and experience. I ended up finding my position through word of mouth.

I have been very successful with linkedin. Linkedin is basically a  platform for recruiters who are money hungry for placing people at their jobs. Every time they help somebody get hired they get commissions. So if you groom your profile I am sure you can get a job offer very quick.

• B

indeed is very good, I got a response within a day. employers have switched from snail mail and recruiters to the internet to find resumes and people, so what ever you thought was the case may have been true in the past, but not true now.

Use anything you can.

My wife got a new job last year via an unsolicited inquiry from a company via LinkedIn. 

If you need a job, there’s really no reason to not be using as many of those sites as possible.   

Indeed.com helped fine me one. It pulled from most of the other job boards so was the largest board I looked through. The monster.com board did nothing for me.

I had an account on Linkedin but that was pretty useless, unless you're in upper management, it won't help you much in your job field.

• Kyle

i've had the most success with glassdoor and linkedin.  i use linkedin to connect with recruiters and look up the people i'm interviewing with to get their background.  i will use those sites as a hub for job searching, but if the company has their own career page, i will just go and ultimately apply directly if i can.