Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 2 months ago

What if the entire purpose of things like webcams, phone cameras, Alexa, indoor security cams, ect. was actually to spy on people?

To have direct access into people's homes? And make people think it's for their own benefit?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Many devices are used to collect data and process them through an artificial intelligence computer to in an effort to serve you better  and to generate revenue for them.  There's too much data for an individual person to gain access to spy in the traditional sense unless law enforcement has taken a specific interest in you enough to focus its very limited resources.  In general these devices are cheap enough where people don't mind risking their privacy to gain the benefit they provide.  In many ways we are forced to blindly trust people in so many ways by the collective society we live in.  For example I know all kinds of personal details about my neighbors solely based on the fact we see all their comings, goings, and activities and I'm sure they know mine.  I have to trust that they won't abuse that knowledge. Which is what I do with these devices.   I also assess my level of risk if someone did try to use it against me which is next to none with the basic lifestyle I live.  This is why I'm not afraid to use them, but limit it to things like Alexa and don't install things like webcams. 

• 2 months ago

It is both to provide useful services and gather data on you.

• 2 months ago

i would hope thats not what theyre for

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That could very well be true.   That is why I don't use those things or don't have them connected to the net.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • enn
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Ahhhhhh, you took the blue pill. Welcome to the real world and sorry for your abrupt exit of the Matrix.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i dont think its all for those reasons

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.