Anonymous

is 25 too old to go to university?

i'm going anyway but curious. i'm 23 now about to turn 24 and am beginning my sophomore year of college online. i'm transferring to university next year for the last 2 years of my degree (computer animation). i'll be 25. will i be so old compared to my classmates lol ?!

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

nope.... some people who had to work after high school, they start attending university at the at of 30....  I have a few of them in my study...

• 1 month ago

NO

most students are at least 20 years old

in my class there is a 32 year old guy . He is doing his 1st year now.

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I got my MS at 37 yo and my PhD at 57 yo.

• 1 month ago

I completed my university education at the age of 37.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes, everyone graduates around age 21 

• ...Show all comments
    • oldprof
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You have no clue noname.  There are way too many variables in what determines the age for getting a degree.  You can't logically claim to know what is a "normal" age as there is no such thing as a normal age.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Don't be silly.  You aren't too old to go to college until your dead.  Yes, you will be a couple of years older than the majority of undergraduate students, but who cares and who asks?  The difference between 17/18 year old freshman and a 25-year-old is probably noticeable in terms of maturity.  The different between juniors and seniors (with whom you'll be in class) will not.  

• 1 month ago

There is no upper age limit to studying; you'll only be a couple of years older than the majority.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Seriously?  I went back to school for another degree in my 40s.

• 1 month ago

Nope...I started college at 25 myself...Community College then the State College. I worked 40/hr/wk, owned a house and went entirely at night so I never did the "college" thing.

• 1 month ago

People go of all ages, in my German class and oceanography an old guy had a cane, was like in his 60's. Especially community colleges I've seen tons of adults too.

• 1 month ago

no, i went there when i was twice that age

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.