Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 8 months ago

Is “dry clean only” just a suggestion?

Dry clean only means dry clean only.

If a garment is labeled dry cleaning recommended, then that is suggested.

The only thing I dry clean are my winter jackets. I do not purchase clothing that has a dry clean only label. Dry cleaning is done with chemicals that remain on the fabric, which I do not want to expose my skin.

No, but you can buy DRYEL and clean then in your dryer.

• L

NO.  If a piece, of clothing, has a tag which states 'dry clean only' - then it MUST be dry cleaned.  Plus, when you use "...." the " means something a person said.

"Cleaning is just a suggestion"

But if you want to go there then DRY CLEANING is the best way to get it cleaned.

Certain clothes such as suede leather does not clean in water. It needs a chemical treatment.

• WOOWHO

its the manufacturers  conveyance  their knowledge or experience of what maintains the  article of clothing in good condition ..

.. actually  manufacturer have NO OBLIGATION to give any  instructions at all  about the care of an article of clothing they produce

• C

Most of the time.  The only thing I've found worthwhile dry cleaning are lined jackets and coats, and beaded formal wear, though if I hand a suit in I always include the trousers so that the suit wears evenly.  You can read "dry clean only" as "wash delicately."  Refer to the material for how to best wash it.  I don't treat silk lace and cashmere the same.

Yes .

• Murzy

It is the best way to clean the garment without it affecting the material or the color.

• Poppy

No, it’s for real. You can buy a dry clean kit( bag, chemicals, etc) sold in the laundry soap isle.

• Cei

Dunno - try putting it in the washing machine and let us know how it goes.