Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 1 month ago

What is the lifespan of a 2020 Toyota Corolla with 3k miles?

Will it still be working fine in 2033?

Most cars if taken care of properly can last well past 100,000 miles. But in most cases when you surpass that 100,000-mile mark you will find it is in the shop more frequently. My first Vehicle was a 2000 Pontiac. 

My parents bought me it when I was 17. For about $2600. It had 130,000 miles on it. Had I not wrecked it 5 years later (Wasn't my fault) I would more than likely still be driving her now. 

However, it was in the shop quite frequently. 

If cared for and based on the Corolla's track record (provided it's not wrecked), it will likely be still on the road in 2043.

Depends on the driver and his treatment of his "animal". 

(You might have noticed that cars were named after animals (Mustang,Maverick, Pinto,Hornet, Barracuda,Beetle,Dog,Slug,etc)

. I can, because I know how to - kill it before it makes 3100.

. Or can, probably take it to 250K

It is no different than owning a PET.  Treat it good and it will give you a long life.  Treat it badly it can die tomorrow.

Might last a lifetime if you show it some love and stay on top of the scheduled maintenance and repairs. Changing fluids on a regular basis is the best way to keep an engine and transmission lasting 20-30+ years. Most people unload their cars for cosmetic reasons and not mechanical reasons. 

With regular scheduled services, It will go longer than THAT.

I had a 1986 Corolla last 24 years. I have a 1998 Corolla going strong at 22 years and a 2010 Corolla that's almost like new.. 13 years is just a sprint for a Corolla.

Obviously that depends. If you drive 90,000 miles a year, don't service it, and treat it poorly, it may last only a year or so. If you drive it modestly and get routine service, it will probably last longer than that.

• Ron

Really. A lousy 13 years?

• .

With proper maintenance and care, certainly at least twenty years.  My 19 year old son is driving a 2001 Chrysler Sebring.  

Only by trying to keep it going will you ever know.

My 1991 F-150 is still doing well.