Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 1 month ago

What is the lifespan of a 2020 Toyota Corolla with 3k miles?

Will it still be working fine in 2033?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most cars if taken care of properly can last well past 100,000 miles. But in most cases when you surpass that 100,000-mile mark you will find it is in the shop more frequently. My first Vehicle was a 2000 Pontiac. 

My parents bought me it when I was 17. For about $2600. It had 130,000 miles on it. Had I not wrecked it 5 years later (Wasn't my fault) I would more than likely still be driving her now. 

However, it was in the shop quite frequently. 

• 1 month ago

If cared for and based on the Corolla's track record (provided it's not wrecked), it will likely be still on the road in 2043.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends on the driver and his treatment of his "animal". 

(You might have noticed that cars were named after animals (Mustang,Maverick, Pinto,Hornet, Barracuda,Beetle,Dog,Slug,etc)

. I can, because I know how to - kill it before it makes 3100.

. Or can, probably take it to 250K

It is no different than owning a PET.  Treat it good and it will give you a long life.  Treat it badly it can die tomorrow.

• 1 month ago

Might last a lifetime if you show it some love and stay on top of the scheduled maintenance and repairs. Changing fluids on a regular basis is the best way to keep an engine and transmission lasting 20-30+ years. Most people unload their cars for cosmetic reasons and not mechanical reasons. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

With regular scheduled services, It will go longer than THAT.

• 1 month ago

I had a 1986 Corolla last 24 years. I have a 1998 Corolla going strong at 22 years and a 2010 Corolla that's almost like new.. 13 years is just a sprint for a Corolla.

• 1 month ago

Obviously that depends. If you drive 90,000 miles a year, don't service it, and treat it poorly, it may last only a year or so. If you drive it modestly and get routine service, it will probably last longer than that.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Really. A lousy 13 years?

Lv 7
    1 month ago

With proper maintenance and care, certainly at least twenty years.  My 19 year old son is driving a 2001 Chrysler Sebring.  

• 1 month ago

Only by trying to keep it going will you ever know.

My 1991 F-150 is still doing well.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.