My dad has cancer.?

I am 25 years old. I recently found out my dad has cancer. He has an appointment for a CT scan and another scan to see if the cancer spread to his bones. I am devastated. My questions is how to I move forward? I am in denial. I never had someone I love with cancer. How do find the strength? 

• TedEx

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. Your dad is the one who has the right to be in denial .. If your dad sees you being  unable to cope, that is just one more burden you are placing on him, a burden he does  not need,

message me. I think I can help

Let me start by saying, I am very sorry you and your father have to endure this. Just last year my mother was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer that has metastasized to her bones.  All this happened during my pregnancy with my son which made things even more difficult. And just a few weeks ago she had a PET scan showing it has spread to her liver. So I know what you’re going through. The advice I can give to you, is try to spend as much time as possible with your father. And you move forward with this, because you have no other choice but to move forward. It’s not going to be easy, but if the situation is less then ideal (which clearly is at this point given the circumstances), you’re going to appreciate the memories so much when you’re father is gone. And take lots of pictures as well! Another thing I recommend is being involved as much as possible in his health care moving forward. It will give you a better understanding of what exactly your father is going through and I’m sure your dad will appreciate all the help you give him while he’s going through this life changing experience. And if it gets to the point of being too much and unbearable, there are also support groups for people going through the same thing you are going through. It wouldn’t hurt to check into your town/city’s local support groups. Best of luck to you and your father! ❤️

First of all, there's no guarantee that he will die. Yes, cancer can be fatal, in some cases people do recover after treatment, though it can come back. There isn't a single cure as there are many pathways for various types of cancer, so some types have in fact been cured but there are so many that it's extremely difficult to develop cures for those specific types. Thankfully, chemotherapy isn't the only treatment available these days. I lost my Grandfather to leukemia when I was a toddler and I had a friend who lost his Dad to brain cancer while we were in high school. It's tough, but make sure you spend as much time as you can and appreciate everything you can with him, so that way you can look back and say that you had more great memories, and that it didn't keep him or you down. It likely isn't any easier for him knowing that he might be terminally ill, but making the most of what you can and enjoying it is what's important.

• LAN

Start by learning which section to post about your mental weakness in since this question doesn't really deal with cancer and you would be just as incapable of acting like an adult with any disease.  

Go back to posting idiocy about wanting to stay in an abusive relationship to beg for attention.

What type of cancer does he have and where is it located in his body? 

You do as much as you can to help.

you could pray god heals him

I've had cancer twice and I'm still here.  Just give your dad lots of love and support.

Uh....yes, it's very hard, emotions will be up and down and yes there's a lot of pain in seeing someone you love that has cancer.