Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 2 months ago

Can astrology be used intentionally for malicious purposes?

Any examples? Like finding and exploiting a weakness?

Favorite Answer

Gosh yes. Every astrologer is a charlatan who is ripping credulous fools off. There is no such thing as an honest astrologer.

Dear internet diary - I like how a few here decided to used astrology to one up me. I'm influential even when I dont mean to.

Accurate data on time of birth, date of birth and place of birth are needed for predicting horoscope of the person. Based on these three, if the horoscope predicts a problem then people have manipulated with birth time or date of birth or place of birth for covering up the problem that would have been predicted from the correct information.

• falcon

If the astrologer is also a clairvoyant the answer is yes

Probably, but it would take an accomplished astrologer not to mention an unethical one. I don't know if you are familiar with the "lots" or sometimes they are called Arabic parts. That's a misnomer. There predated Arab astrology and in fact were developed by the Hellenistic Greeks. They are mathematically determined points in the chart that are interpreted using various "rules." Anyway, the great 13th centur

y astrologer, Guido Bonatti discussed the part of "religion and honesty in women." In his day "honesty" was a euphemism for virginity or chastity. In essence the part is used to answer the question, "Is she a virgin or is she unfit for marriage?" And, "Will she remain faithful after marriage?" Today we might look to this part to answer the question, "Is she easy?" That's a skunky thing to do. No, there is no similar part for men.

In his 1647 Classic, "Christian Astrology," author William Lilly devotes the largest part of the book to horary astrology. In that book we learn how to find the answer to the burning question; "Whether a woman trades with any but her husband." I've always loved the metaphor "trades with any." They don't write astrology books like they used to.

• Snoopy

I guess so. Anything can be used badly. You can still assess when anything is used negatively and when it isn't. 

Yes, it can.         

Anything can. Of course. But it's primary purpose is to help you compare, contrast and navigate around mood swings. That's what I solely use it for.