can men get nipple cancer since they don't have breasts?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

All men and women have breast glands, but they are not noticeable in men, because they tend to be small and undeveloped. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Men can and do get breast cancer. In the US, between 3,000 and 5,000 men DIE from it every single year. Those men who have first degree female (or male) relatives with BC have triple the risk of developing the disease themselves. First degree relatives include parents and siblings. Second degree relatives include aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, and grandparents.

The famous BRCA1 and BRCA2 genetic mutations (which are known to cause BC) affect men as well. That's why any man who has a history of BC in his family needs to be given regular screenings, starting at age 40.

• 8 months ago

Men can and do get breast cancer. More men die from breast cancer than testicular cancer.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Men have breasts; and they can develop breast cancer - the same as a woman can. Breast cancer usually involves the nipple. The American Cancer Society estimates that in 2020 about 2,620 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in men, and about 520 men will die from breast cancer. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Men DO have nipples. They can get breast cancer, too.

• 8 months ago

Men can still get breast cancer, it's not something exclusive to women. Think about guys who have a 6 pack or like really well toned pecs, those pecs are still breasts, therefore they can get tumours in them.

• 8 months ago

i think they can, ive heard of guys getting breast cancer

• 8 months ago

Men have breast tissue and, yes, they can get breast cancer. I know someone.

• 8 months ago

Men can get nipple cancer too.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes my uncle died of breast cancer. It’s not too common for men but it can happen

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.