What kind of wall frame would I get? I want to display a picture of my grandma from the 1920s, but don't want light to damage it.?

• drip

Get the right glass for the frame. You need UV preservation glass.  And hang on a wall that doesn’t get direct sunlight if possible. 

Places like Micheals craft store will have it. You will either need the glass cut or have them do the frame and glass,

Then make a copy of the picture (either a photograph or professional photocopy so you have 2..one for show and one in a book(that is the backup copy)

The way I display artwork and photographs throughout my home, is so that direct sunlight never shines on them. Of course, acid paper and the right glass will also help preserve your heirloom photograph.

It might be a good idea to have the photograph scanned so that you can save the image and maybe even share it with some of your family members.

• Best bet is to spend the extra money and take it to a professional framer. Not only do you want the UV protected glass/plexi, you want all of the elements to be archival - so that there is no exposure to acids in the paper. You can buy acid-free matte board, tape, etc. and do it yourself, but it may not be worth the expense for just one small piece. Worth looking into though.

The frame has nothing to do with it.  It's what's inside the frame in front of the photo that matters. There is glass intended for use in picture frames, glass that filters out almost all the UV light, and it's still best if you don't have direct light on the photo. See a picture-framing shop where they will know what to use.

• NONAME

theprintful.com enhanced matte posters...they really are amazing and say last 100 years without fading...frame this and it will last a lifetime

Look for UV-filter glass.

The frame won't matter. You have to hang it where direct sunlight will not touch it.