Heath insurance denial of a procedure?
What questions should I ask my health insurance company to insure the person who denied a treatment is qualified to make that decision
You ask why it was denied. You ask your broker if that seems right to them.
There are no questions you can ask. You won't ever find out who, exactly, at the health insurance company, denied the treatment coverage. You will have to have your medical provider submit an appeal.
- Casey YLv 71 month ago
Doesnt matter if you think they are qualified or not.
You or your doctor appeals the decision...
- StephenWeinsteinLv 71 month ago
None. Just appeal the decision or ask for independent medical review. Don't worry about whether the person who made the decision was "qualified".
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- A HunchLv 71 month ago
You don't ask that question, instead you:
- have your doctor appeal the situation.
- if it's still denied, your doctor will appeal it again.
- if it's still denied, you file a claim with your state's department of insurance.