Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 month ago

Can anyone recommend a comforter or twin blanket that doesn't shred in the washing machine?

I just bought my kid a really nice black and grey bedding set... expensive for no reason. The comforter shred in the washing machine. The pillow shams are starting to shred too. I am not a happy camper right now. I want to make sure the next comforter or blanket will at least withstand the spin cycle. Can anyone direct me or maybe have a brand name of the item. That's for the comforter, blanket, or whole bedding set (twin). Thank you.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Buy at macys

Send for dry cleaning verses washing

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is your washing machine, not the comforter.  The modern washing machine without the agitator and using the modern soaps are a real improvement.  On a gentle cycle they will not damage a comforter. 

• 1 month ago

I use cheap Walmart comforters because my hairy dog sheds like nobody's business. Throw them into a top loading (old) Kenmore washer on delicate and dry them in a Kenmore dryer (same age.) The key is these old machines, not the purchase.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I have been washing blankets, sheets, comforters, whole pillows and sneakers and bath mats and even plastic shower curtains without one single thing shredding in about 40 years.

I believe you where unfortunate to have purchased a very defective or low-quality comforter set and without a doubt I would have returned it shredded to the manufacturer and demand a refund.

Because I have been purchasing bedding for quite some time, I have purchased just about every brand out there without any issues whatsoever. My most recent purchases we're at TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Macy's and overstock.com. The only reason I even am buying any new bedding is because it lasts so long, now I switch bedding seasonally to change things up.

I know it's really frustrating  to buy something  that at has fallen apart. I am finding that to be the case with a lot of my purchases these days and it's very discouraging and disappointing, nevermind being hassled with having to return things.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Was it supposed to be dry cleaned??

• 1 month ago

I've been washing such items for over 40 years, in a top-loading washer, and have never had any of them shred. I'm not buying the best quality, either. I don't even remember any of the brands, except that the duvets were from Ikea. All I can suggest is that you got very unlucky and got a defective product and I would take it back to where I bought it, or there is something wrong with your washing machine, or you are seriously overloading the machine.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would look up comforters on Amazon and start reading customer reviews...they will list prices and everything you'll need to make an educated consumer decision.

• 1 month ago

Ive never had that happen, something is probably wrong with your washing machine

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.