Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 8 months ago

Can staff in a public library spy on what i was doing on the PCs in the library?

Can they view the email I sent and received? Also, can they see my passwords?

Because I had a feeling they were spying on me.

They CAN, but are not likely as many libraries value privacy. About the only thing they would do is install pornography filters. Users of public computers can install malware that could grab your passwords. Avoid using your password to anything on a public computer.

Assume that any public PC can be open to detailed monitoring.

For most western countries, also assume that the people monitoring that PC are not permitted to share this information.

Also assume that, for basically any country, the second point above doesn't matter that much as this information will also be available to any number of three-letter-agencies (both domestic and foreign).

• keerok

Yes, if he has the time but he can simply install "safeguards" and "triggers" that can send him "alarms" to catch someone doing something "fishy" however most librarians are too lazy anyway so why would they even bother if it's not included in their pay grade?

• Fred

If you are doing anything on a public computer that you would not like to see become public, you are a fool.

Yes,they can. ....

• Lôn

No, they can not............

• Vicki

No, they cannot.

They may record the sites you visit but thats as far as it should go