Am i over reacting?

I just moved into a new nice apartment...so much bigger, fancier and cleaner than my last S-hole Apartment...But im pretty mad right now. They have a gate system...you type in numbers the gate unlocks..But their keypad is broken...I told them this on day 1...here it is a week later and they have done nothing...so i complained again...this time they realized yes it really is broken...the 4 does not work at all...so they changed my key code to not include a 4....is that the laziest thing ever or what?

• zipper

Fixing a key pad is not a walk in the park, parts have to be ordered and the repair service has to do the work. How many others are in front of your unit? I have no idea, do you!

At least they fixed it.. for you. Yes, you are over reacting actually...

Yes, but it solved your problem, didn't it?

• A

it was a quick fix to immediately fix your problem,  enough said

• Judy

It's practical - and sounds like an immediate fix, which is what you needed. Are you still having problems, even with the new code? If it's working for you now, I'd call it a creative solution, and good customer service.

"is that the laziest thing ever or what?"

Or what.  It was a clever immediate solution so that you aren't inconvenienced any further.

Would you have preferred if they had looked at you and said, "Suck it up, Buttercup because I can't snap my fingers and beam up the parts and the repair person.   It's going to be a few days."  

Tenants.   Pfft. 

It's a cheaper solution than replacing the entire security gate

Seems like an easier solution to the problem then replacing the damaged keypad...and it now works for you...so you dont have any additional argument about its functionality. 

Do you think they have a spare keypad sitting in the storage room and a maintenance technician with the skills necessary to install it just sitting there twiddling their thumbs waiting for something to do?

It will take them time to order a replacement keypad and hire a qualified specialist to install it - the task is probably more complicated than their normal handyman/ maintenance person can handle.

It was a reasonable temporary solution for them to change your code to not include the broken buttons so that you can access the complex until they can get the keypad fixed.

Yes, you're over reacting, you need to calm down.

You can get in!  What's the issue?