What kind of light bulb is this?

I’m the manager of a relatively new restaurant, and I have recessed lights with these bulbs in them. Nobody in my contacts (not even corporate 😒) knows what these are, or how I can get more. This particular bulb has blown, and I need to replace it, and need help knowing where to start. Thanks in advance!

Attachment image

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

PAR spotlight bulb. Probably halogen.Within the last decade LED versions are becoming common but they require different electronics for the lower operating power.

• Kate
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Looks like an LED. I had to buy new ones just this morning.

• 1 month ago

Check for a number on the bulb itself or take the lightbulb to a home improvement store and ask if they have the replacement.

• 1 month ago

somewhere in your area, there is an electrical supply house used by electricians.  Find them [google?] and telephone to ask if they carry this product.  Odds are they do.  [Such places, even in communities as small as 250,000, probably have well over $1 million in stock on hand.  and they sell to anyone.]

Source(s): grampa -- one of these places used to be a client of mine
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Droopy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

your gonna have to go to a light store or electric wholesale house.  Your not gonna find that at Lowe's.   theres gotta be a number on that bulb that is a model  or part number. 

• Topaz
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Take your bulb to Lowe's to match it up. That way u will get the right bulb type

It looks like a heat lamp for those hotdogs.

• mermeliz
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Lowe's isn't going to have this, but maybe "Lamps Plus" would. They do carry some Lightolier luminaires.

• 1 month ago

Whatever light bulb type it is I can tell by looking that it will be expensive, will use lots of electricity, and give off lots of heat. You can tell by the fact that is has a built in heat sink. My advice would be to change all the recessed lights over to LEDs. They are not that expensive, probably less than the bulbs you now have, and will use far less electrify. They will also last much longe. In the long run you will save money. 

• 1 month ago

It's a proprietary Lightolier bulb. You'd need to get one from them. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You have a sample.  Take it to an electrical/lighting store.   Call the numbers on the bulb.  Call the contractor that built the restaurant. 

Think out of the box.

• 1 month ago

Here is another image.

Attachment image
    • mermeliz
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Are there any other markings besides the tag with their recycle number on it? Like maybe a part number?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.