Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 month ago

How would you spend your last twenty dollars on the weekend if you wanted to give your room a makeover?

I need a comforter set, a rug and some throw pillows but I only have twenty dollars to spend which one should I get?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Check with Big Lots. If their prices are above what you can pay, then go to a thrift store and get something decent looking that is clean.  $20 should get you something you will be satisfied with.

• 4 weeks ago

Go to a thrift store as they have what you are looking for at very reasonable prices.

• 4 weeks ago

You could visit a discount store, buy some pretty king-sized flat sheets and make your own pillow covers and "comforter" by sandwiching an old blanket between two sheets and sewing the edges together. The leftover sheet fabric will make pillow covers. For a rug, you can get an inexpensive canvas tarp at the hardware store, paint it in a pattern or color you like with acrylic paints, and presto! room made over for cheap!

Canvas painter tarps and sheets are the best values for lots of fabric for very little money!

• 1 month ago

$20 doesn't leave a lot of room for a "makeover". But painting and decorating the walls would be a good start. Its changes the scenery a bit but with a solid base colore and some stencils or perhaps a sponge can do wonders. But at $20 you might barely be able to afford a gallon, so you'd have to look at the "returned" paint where people ordered a color and weren't satisfied with it. Usually its on sail, so you can get more than one color to offset the solid new color of your room. As for the sponge, any should do and you would experiment with patterns and keep ripping out material randomly to come up with the smudge pattern you like.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Beer and get hammered then you can forget such nonsense for $20.  When you got $2000, ask again.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would go to a thrift store and then maybe you can get all that

• 1 month ago

the comforter would have the most impact.

• 1 month ago

Perhaps a rug would be the way to go.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would buy a liter of Scotch and drink until the room was spinning - that would make it over quite adequately. 

• 1 month ago

Comforter. It’s cold up here so a comforter would be more useful than the other items. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.