Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 months ago

Do you prefer to read a book, read on a tablet or listen to an audiobook?

Update:

I prefer audiobooks because my eyesight is horrendous and most books have very small print.

30 Answers

Relevance
  • chorle
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

My preference is audio books and audio dramas. My local library system has a pretty good selection of books on CD I listen to in the car and there are many podcasted audio dramas and audio books including ones on LibriVox that I listen to in one earbud when I walk. (I like hearing if there are cars or other pedestrians)

The thing I like most about dead tree books is I can own them unlike digital books that I can only licence to read. 

The things I like about digital books is I can enlarge the texts and I can often get indie books much cheaper than deadtree with more money going to the author. 

I have been using the kindle more because I found I could set my android tablet app to black backgrounds and white letter for when my wife is asleep so I am less likely to wake her up. Also because I found that I borrow a selection of eComicbooks to read on my kindle app because I subscribe to Amazon Prime (wish I could set there blank spots and blank pages to black too) 

• 8 months ago

I like to read on a tablet most of the time. Rarely like to read from a book. I would listen to audiobooks if I like a narrative guide/ in the mood to hear a narrative voice.

• 8 months ago

Audiobook......

• david
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Watch a movie.  I hate reading. --- Well I don't hate it, but given a preference I like movies.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I prefer to read, no matter what medium it is on. A monitor can be hard on the eyes, but there is a night mode that helps a bit.

Audiobooks, in my opinion, are great for long rides, but usually I find myself either missing a part and having to rewind, or falling asleep and losing which section I'm on. Or, even worse, just tone it out.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I prefer my Kindle Paperwhite.  Seeing as I'm a member of AARP, my eyes are having more trouble with print.  Paperbacks are hard for me to read.  I like the fact that I can enlarge the font and increase the contrast on my Kindle, and the fact that it's not a backlit LCD means less eye strain than with a tablet.  I also listen to audiobooks when out walking or exercising, and they can be really enjoyable with the right narrator.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I would rather order books on iPad because I like to be fancy. 

• 8 months ago

Book. I'm on the computer so much that READING more during the day only causes eye strain.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

By far, a book.  (Yes, I have both of the items you mentioned, but reading books on them leaves something to be desired.)

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I get a lot of entertaining and useful books on my iPad for free. The commute is my main reading time and heavy media just doesn’t work.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.