Newton
Newton asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Is a sportswriter a 49er hater if he picked the Vikings to beat Frisco last week, and he is picking the Packers to beat Frisco this week?

I responded to that pick with a comment that he should have learned his lesson from last week and that I hope he did not put his money where his mouth is, unless it is disposable income. Not surprisingly, my comment was not allowed to appear by the "moderator."

The same person ranked Frisco consistently low in his "power rankings" during the regular season, despite a better record.

LMAO!  Prisco is 0 for 2.  Probably just a case of wishful thinking.

If he's a regional sportswriter it stands to reason that he'd have some sort of bias. The fact that he chose Minnesota and Green Bay indicates to me that he's from the Midwest so you'd expect him to favor teams from that region.

People can dislike a team for any number of reasons so I have no problem with it.

Frisco, TX  has no NFL team to bet on  

No, that doesn't make him a hater. It's just an opinion.

• DEBS

The 49ers at in California. Why are you talking about a city near Dallas, TX?

No, he is not a hater.

• Bob

He is entitled to his opinion, just like you are to yours and I am to mine.

He is in for another disappointment then.

If you think a team is going to lose a game, they are a hater?  That's your definition?

Did he say why he was picking the team to lose?  If he said he was making the pick because he hates the team, then yes, he's a hater.Every week sportswriters make their picks, and they pick 16 teams to win, 16 to lose... they are a hater of half the league?Maybe the moderator didn't want troll garbage on the article.

Possibly. Or maybe he really thinks that those 2 teams can beat SF.