Newton
Lv 6
Newton asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Is a sportswriter a 49er hater if he picked the Vikings to beat Frisco last week, and he is picking the Packers to beat Frisco this week?

Update:

I responded to that pick with a comment that he should have learned his lesson from last week and that I hope he did not put his money where his mouth is, unless it is disposable income. Not surprisingly, my comment was not allowed to appear by the "moderator."

Update 2:

The same person ranked Frisco consistently low in his "power rankings" during the regular season, despite a better record.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

LMAO!  Prisco is 0 for 2.  Probably just a case of wishful thinking.

• 1 month ago

If he's a regional sportswriter it stands to reason that he'd have some sort of bias. The fact that he chose Minnesota and Green Bay indicates to me that he's from the Midwest so you'd expect him to favor teams from that region.

People can dislike a team for any number of reasons so I have no problem with it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Frisco, TX  has no NFL team to bet on  

• 1 month ago

No, that doesn't make him a hater. It's just an opinion.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • DEBS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The 49ers at in California. Why are you talking about a city near Dallas, TX?

• 1 month ago

No, he is not a hater.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He is entitled to his opinion, just like you are to yours and I am to mine.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He is in for another disappointment then.

• 1 month ago

If you think a team is going to lose a game, they are a hater?  That's your definition?

Did he say why he was picking the team to lose?  If he said he was making the pick because he hates the team, then yes, he's a hater.Every week sportswriters make their picks, and they pick 16 teams to win, 16 to lose... they are a hater of half the league?Maybe the moderator didn't want troll garbage on the article.

• 1 month ago

Possibly. Or maybe he really thinks that those 2 teams can beat SF. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.