Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Does asking questions still cost you 5 points?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

some points are reduces, i dont think its 5

• 1 month ago

Before the Holidays , they stopped charing you the 5 points to ask a question. 

Many believed it was some sort of Holiday bonus, like the old  Double Point Decembers. 

However it may also be simply a new rule change,  since December is long over. 

Or, since it started in late Dec,  maybe it will last until late Jan......a month bonus, that did not start precisely at the begining of the month. 

That's my best guess. 

However, if it's a permanent rule change.....that would be a colossal  mistake. 

That means a level 1 troll can flood the boards with daily questions, and never lose any points for it. ....to say nothing of the level 7 TROLLS here.........posting 20 garbage questions a day, and then awarding all 20  BA's,  to their own sock puppets. 

It will only lead to rampant abuse and the further deterioration  of this site. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I,m not nosy,yes it,s a bit madening!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I do not think they are taking five points off for asking questions

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Not currently. It might be a glitch because no announcement has been made.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not at the moment, but people are saying it's a glitch.

• No, it does not cost you 5 points.   Plus you still get the 6 points for the favorite answer.  Most are saying it is a glitch.  But it also may not be a glitch and maybe the new future of YA.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yep it still Costs you 5 Points However there is a Bug going on Right now thats letting you Ask for Free Nobody knows how long thats gonna Last or when that will be Fixed

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Did you notice your points decrease by 5 after you hit Submit for the question here? THAT would've been the best way for YOU to figured it out.

Many users are saying there are still no points are being deducted for question-asking (since that began around the holidays). We don't know if it's an intentional feature of a glitch that hasn't been fixed yet.

• CarolOklaNola
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

No, you do NOT gain 5 points.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, it still does.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.