Shadow
Shadow asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

How come certain questions on the list on Y/A can't be answered?

Would it mean that the asker has blocked certain people on the site? After I typed my answer, the submit button would not work for that question but then I managed to successfully submit answers to other questions.

• Favorite Answer

It means that the blue-faced idiot asking the question has blocked you. If he had not gone anonymous, you wouldn't have been given the option to answer the question. Copy your answer and add it as a comment on someone else's answer to the question. That really winds the trolls up.

You have been blocked by the user that answered the question.

• Daniel

If its only Certain Questions if its from 1 Specific Person it means they Likely have Blocked you that would Prevent you from being able to Answer It

It means the asker has you blocked.

Yes, if the "Submit" button stays grayed out or your answer or comment will not post, you have been blocked by the person who asked the question or posted the answer. 

• .

That is what happens when you are blocked by the poster

• .

As a Level 6 user you should know how blocking works. If a user taking advantage of the Anonymous feature has you blocked, you will be allowed to compose an answer but cannot post it. If the user isn't using the Anon feature, you simply won't see an Answer button.

• Just because the person who asked a question is blocked does not mean they have you blocked.  This just happens to me trying to post my answer.  I could not post it so I copied it and refresh the page then pasted my answer and it worked.  Give it a try.

• Shadow

I did that many times but it did not work for me.

either they blocked you or the question has been deleted.