Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why is it when we report someone for cussing or being rude, yahoo does not delete their answer?

12 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Takes several reports to get answer or question removed, even then its iffy

• Mystic
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

One single report doesn't do much in most cases. I've seen other stuff clearly against Y!A guidelines that don't get removed either. Very annoying there are "admins" that do NOT monitor the place whatsoever.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because if YA removed any post that was reported, there'd be little left on the site (abuse of THAT would be unimaginable). ANY post that is removed from the display, requires several users to report it (there is no standard # of reports required). So, DO report violations when you see them, and if enough others report them also, they'll be taken down. 

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It has to be Reported by a Trusted Reporter Before it can be Officially Deleted if a Trusted Reporter does not Report the Same thing it may not be Deleted

Yahoo is Community Moderated the Staff does not Moderate the Boards

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Some users' trust levels aren't high enough to warrant the deletion of the offending content. It has to take at least two or more reports for this to happen. You should remember the reporters' trust levels are in flux on a weekly basis.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not many users report such trivial violations .

Being "rude" is subjective we all perceive it differently.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If Yahoo deleted every post that contained foul language or upset someone's sensibilities there would be no Y!A.

• ...Show all comments
    • Weasel McWeasel
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You admitted as much. I have zero doubts I am the first person you have falsely accused here.  I am not angry or bitter........just stating fact here.  If you accused ME of stalking *anyone* here......with ZERO proof or fact to back that up.....your "trust" rating can't be that high. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because they don't care.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Mom, again with this ! It takes multiple reports for something to be deleted and removed.

• 1 month ago

Questions or answers are removed through an automated system. Everyone has a secret trust status based on a secret formula. I am not sure if they are currently being updated. Based on the trust status of the people reporting an item it takes one or more reports to remove it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.