Is our horroscopes wrong(and what I mean by that is my/our horroscopes off by a month, I'm a Taurus but am I really an Aries?)?

• Janet

Do you follow Western/Tropical Astrology, or do you follow Hindu/Vedic/Sidereal astrology?

Your "Sign" is only the Sign that Sun appeared to be, and the only difference between the two types of astrology is the label. A place on the ecliptic (planetary path) that Tropical Astrology labels "Taurus" is labelled "Aries" by Sidereal Astrology.

But the difference doesn't matter, because in Sidereal astrology you do not use the Signs that the planets are in, so calling it something else doesn't matter. Sidereal astrology focuses mostly on the Houses and the Lunar mansions as well as the Moon's Nodes and other things .. and not the Signs.

IF you were born between April 19th or 20th (depending on the year, time and place of birth) and May 20th or 21st, in Tropical Astrology, Sun was moving through Taurus.

IF you were born between April 15th and May 15th, Sun is in Sidereal Aries .. but it doesn't matter.

A little bit more clarification .. take May 1st ...

In the Western zodiac, Sun is in Taurus.

In the Sidereal zodiac, Sun is in the EXACT SAME PLACE, but that place is labelled "Aries".

• Eric1 month agoReport

So I'm still Taurus then?

Well there's actually 13 zodiac signs but western astrology is not changing that. If your birthday falls after April 21, you are a Taurus.