Adriano asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

is it true that hair grows every single day?

my mom just told me that hair grows every day but i know it grows about a half an inch every month aka 6 inches per year but does hair really grow every day please let me know as soon as possible thank you

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Hi,

Don't worry, if you want to have long hair.  Just trim --- NOT cut --- your hair every 4/6 weeks.  

I use to have long hair down to my waist.  Every time I cut it short, it grows right back down to my waist.  Every.  Single.  Time.  

A few months ago, I cut my hair short again and today, it's down past my shoulders.  I should have my long hair again in one year or so.  No biggie.

Be patient.

Just curious, why do you want to know as soon as possible?

• 1 month ago

It does and it goes through a rest phase. Depending on your genes your anagen phase (the phase where it's actively growing) can vary depending on your genes. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, it rests on one day of the week just as the bible tells us to do.

• Pippett1 month agoReport

Hi, where in the bible does it say that?  :D

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When you hear about hair growing a half inch each month, its just an average.

On average your hair will grown about 1/60 of an inch per day. Yes, that's very, very small. That still adds up to a half inch each month.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Hair has stages, in the growing stage it grows continuously, day or night. When the hair bulb enters the resting phase, it doesn’t grow at all, the third phase, it falls out.

• patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

.06 cms per day

• 1 month ago

Yeah it grows about 1/60th of an inch a day, you wouldn’t be able to measure it or anything but it’s true. 

• 1 month ago

yes it does just like you lose skin cells every day

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

as long as YOUR blood is flowing, your hair is growing ............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.